Vaginal Hygiene: Dos and Don’ts
Every girl is concerned about her skin and face. But you will see only a few give importance to their vaginal hygiene. It is one of the most ignored subjects. Intimate care should be one of the topmost priorities. It is directly related to your reproductive health and thus it is a major area of concern.
You might be knowing that your vaginal area gets itself cleaned but still, there are some important dos and don’ts that should be followed for maintaining a healthy vagina.
Let’s have a look at Dos and Don’ts on vaginal hygiene. How to keep the hygiene of your private parts
Guest Post By: Pallavi
Wash your intimate area once daily. Use either lukewarm water for the same or use some high-quality intimate wash (V wash is really good). Follow this female hygiene routine regularly.
Don’t ever use soap for your intimate area. Soaps are highly alkaline and thus not suitable for sensitive skin like intimate areas. Also, soaps contain highly artificial products like fragrance, color, etc.
Keep a stack of intimate wipes with you. They are highly helpful when you don’t have an intimate wash with you. Especially in case of periods, they are hygienic.
avoid wearing synthetic and tight underwear. Synthetic fabrics make your skin difficult to breathe. Tight garments cause friction on your skin which creates skin bumps and rashes. Also, heat and moisture is the perfect place where infections can occur.
Remove Pubic Hair regularly. The interval can depend on your hair growth pattern. But you must clean your pubic area regularly. This is because too much of hair can cause heat and unnecessary sweat which can cause itching and later infections.
Use a different kind of products in your intimate area. Stay away from artificial fragrances or any other cosmetic materials. Your intimate area is too sensitive and anything artificial which is loaded with chemicals can cause serious infections.
Change your Panty liner regularly. If you are regularly using panty liners then you must know that panty liners are not recommended to be used for a long time. Panty liners are very similar to synthetic fabrics and thus they can also cause friction and infections on your skin.
Don’t ever rub your vaginal area with your towel. It is a very sensitive and soft area and thus rubbing with a towel might lead to scratches or wounds. It can also make the area dry.
Keep your vaginal always dry. You can use tissues or soft towel whatever you are comfortable with.
Don’t ever douche your vaginal area. You want your vagina smelling good but that can also be by eating correctly and having lots of water rather than putting artificial products on your vagina.
Some other important points to remember in order to have a healthy vagina
- Healthy diet – Healthy diet is very important to get the best out of your vagina. First and foremost you need to have lots of fluids. This will keep your vagina smelling good. Next, have lots of yogurts. It helps in preventing yeast infections. Also, cranberry supplements are highly beneficial when you want to get rid of UTIs.
- Safe Sex – Do you know that sex is a natural way to take care of your vagina. Thus, indulge in safe sex with the use of condoms.
- Visit your Gynae – It is very important to not ignore any kind of infections or even itchiness in your vagina. You should immediately visit your gynae. Don’t ever delay the visits as the matter in hand can be quite serious too at times.
- Never Use Petroleum Jelly for Lubrication – It is very important to use the correct product for lubrication. Women might need lubrication but it is not at all advisable to use petroleum jelly or baby oil. They might cause inflammation or even infections.
What are the best foods for vaginal health?
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are highly beneficial when you are looking for fertility. They are rich in beta carotene and vitamin A. This help to strengthen and protect uterine walls. The nutrients which are found in sweet potatoes helps in the production of sex hormone.
- Avocados – Avocados are rich in healthy fats, vitamin B 6 and potassium. They are known to have a positive effect on your libido and also increases the lubrication level. Avocados also help in increasing your estrogen levels.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy greens are high in nutrients and helps in blood circulation. They also help in reducing the dryness of your vagina. This is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and calcium and thus help in the development of vaginal muscles.
So these were some of the important intimate hygiene tips that will help you keep your private part/ vagina healthy.