Homemade Face Masks for Dry Skin| Say Bye to flaky dull skin
We all have our skin issues and we learn to deal with it every day. My skin issues are dry flaky skin. And I struggle every day to keep my skin hydrated. Trust me summers and winters are no different for me. I use a moisturizer all throughout the year. Just the intensity of the coverage decreases from time to time.
Since I also have dull skin issues, thus face masks are my best friend. And I love using homemade face masks on regular basis. Thus, here are some of my personally tried, tested and loved homemade face masks for dry flaky skin –
1. Coconut Oil & Honey Mask
Coconut oil has anti fungal properties which will purify and cleanse your skin like anything. Honey is extremely moisturizing and known to add shine and radiance to your face.
- Mix 1 drop of coconut oil and 2-3 drops of honey into it.
- Dilute both of them together and apply the mask on your face.
- Rinse your face with water.
2. Banana Mask
Banana is an extremely nutritious fruit and it is considered to be one of the best fruits for dry skin. The tropical fruit contains moisture and also contain vitamins like Vitamin A, E and C. It is also rich in potassium.
- Mash a banana well.
- Add some drops of honey to it.
- Apply the paste all over your face.
- Let it air dry.
3. Milk Cream Mask
My mom personally loves this face mask. Milk cream is my best friend when my skin is in really dull and dry. Milk cream moisturizes the skin better than any moisturizer. It also removes your whiteheads and blackheads without taking away the oil from your face.
- Take milk cream in your hand and mash it with your fingers.
- Spread the milk cream all over your face.
- Let it air dry
- With slight massage, remove the milk cream from your face.
5. Cucumber face Mask
- Make a cucumber paste
- Add some drops of honey into it to dilute the paste
- Apply the mask all over your face
- Let it air dry
6. Sandalwood Face pack
Sandalwood have been used in Indian beauty regime since many years. This has cooling property and thus very good for dry flaky skin. Improvement in skin texture is desirable by sandalwood face pack.
- Mix the sandalwood powder with rose water.
- Apply the pack on your face.
- Let it air dry and rinse your face with water.
Watermelon Face pack
A perfect face pack for refreshing and hydrating your skin. Use this face pack 1-2 times a week and your skin will be refreshed and cooled. Watermelon is high in water content and thus perfect for dry skin. And when you use honey in this face pack, then it acts as a perfect moisturizing plus adds shine to your skin.
- Extract fresh watermelon water in a clean bowl.
- Add some drops of honey into your watermelon bowl.
- Mix both of them together and make a paste
- Use a cotton ball and apply this paste all over your face.
Let us know which was your favorite face masks in the comments down below. Also, if you have tried any other face masks for dry flaky skin then let us know here.
By: Pallavi Editor: Khadija
If you liked it and if it worked for you too then please subscribe, comment and follow me. That really motivates me to do more such posts 🙂
Lots of Love