Hello my lovely people out there!
We all know that one of the secrets to a healthy skin is always removing the makeup before going to bed. The products that we use to remove makeup also plays an important part.
There are different types of makeup removers- micellar water, makeup removing Balm and cleansing oil. Today I am going to review Soulflower Charcoal Cleansing Micellar water which is claimed to be a herbal makeup remover. The fact that it has charcoal intrigued me to try it.
Let us see how is it?
Rs.450 (sale price- Rs.199) for 120 ml. They are having lockdown sale.
Availability: Soulflower website, Amazon
Soap-free acne face cleanser
Provides instant cleanse to your skin
Works as a makeup remover, cleanser and toner
Made from natural ingredients like Licorice, Aloe vera, Lavender and Cica
Suitable for all skin types
Craving for an ultimate, smooth cleanse with an instant shiny texture to your skin? Well, clear up some junk in your makeup stash and make space for Soulflower’s Herbal Charcoal Cleansing Micellar Water.
- Glycerin – Is great for the skin because it acts as a humectant, which is a substance that allows the skin to retain moisture. It can increase skin hydration, relieve dryness, and helps in refreshing the skin’s surface.
- Natural extracts of Aloe Vera leaf, Licorice and Lavender – Helps in skin lightening. Being formulated as a soap free acne cleaner, it prevents the skin from acne and scars, reduces the dark circles and fine lines which gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Charcoal – The antibacterial properties of activated charcoal helps lift bacteria from the pores. This helps with reducing acne and improving overall skin complexion.
- Cica (Centell Asiatica) or Gotu Kola – The anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, and antibacterial properties have shown to fight off free radicals, regulate collagen synthesis, prevent future damage from environmental stressors. It has an extremely cooling effect on the skin.
The micellar water comes in a very sturdy plastic packaging with a pump. The pump has small cap and the entire bottle has another cap. Thus it’s completely secure and travel friendly.
How is the color and fragrance?
Since it has charcoal in it, the micellar water is slightly on the black side.
The fragrance is very soothing and sensitive nose will not feel it strong at all.
How is consistency?
As the name suggests, it is WATERY just like any micellar water.
How to use?
- Shake it well.
- Moisten the cotton pad and gently sweep over the face, neck and eyes both.
- Repeat until the cotton pad comes away clean.
How is this soulflower charcoal Cleansing micellar water? Does it remove the makeup effectively?
When it comes. To pore cleansing, Charcoal is a very popular ingredient. The other ingredient like licorice, aloe, lavender and cica makes it hydrating, soothing and calming.
This micellar water is easy to use and can be used as cleansing water too. It doesn’t make the skin dry nor does my skin feel stretchy after using it.
It removes light makeup gently but doesn’t easily remove eyeliners and waterproof liquid Lipsticks.
It takes an extra effort to remove waterproof eye and lip makeup. What I mean is, in the first go it takes off the makeup, but you can still find the traces of lipsticks and eyeliner.
I would highly recommend double cleansing while removing makeup. Not just with this micellar water, but with any micellar water.
It works as a liquid cleanser too and is suitable for all skin types. This did not sting my face, but it slightly sting my eyes because it has a surfactant in it.
I feel this is suitable even for sensitive skin as it is gentle. It claims to be used as a makeup remover, cleanser and toner. However, I would suggest you not to use it as a toner as it contains capryl glucoside which is a surfactant. And you need to wash it off after using surfactant on your face.
Amazing things about Soulflower Charcoal Cleansing Micellar Water
Suitable for all skin types.
Smells really good.
Loved the ingredients list
Can be used as a cleanser and makeup remover.
Paraben-free, silicone-free, vegan
Alcohol-free & soap-free
Suitable for sensitive skin too
Removes mild makeup
Doesn’t dry out the skin
Doesn’t remove waterproof eye makeup easily
Overall this is a gentle, soothing micellar water with some appealing ingredients in it. To remove waterproof makeup you will need to wipe your face at least thrice. I would suggest this for removing mild makeup