HOW TO REGROW YOUR HAIR AFTER PREGNANCY
During pregnancy, the body of the future mother is constantly changing. Among the numerous postpartum changes that a mothers faces, hair loss becomes one of the most common changes. This post will reveal everything about the reasons for postpartum hair loss and the respective ways to tackle it.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS BEHIND POSTPARTUM HAIR LOSS?
There is a dramatic increase in estrogen and progesterone levels during pregnancy, commonly known as pregnancy hormones. Especially from the second trimester, estrogen exerts a powerful effect on the skin and sebaceous glands and also on the hair growth pattern.
For this reason, many pregnant women notice an improvement in the appearance and quality of their skin. For example, it is common for hair to appear more hydrated and with a better appearance.
Hair follicles operate in a kind of growth pattern. Each follicle follows its own pattern. And, in this way, it is normal that every day between 50 to 100 hairs are lost. During pregnancy, the increase in estrogen levels causes the hair to enter and remain in the growth phase, thus causing it to grow faster and shed less.
But after the baby is born, during what is known as the postpartum period, the levels of estrogens and other hormones drop rapidly to their pre-pregnancy levels – and gradually normalizes. This results in a rapid synchronous transition that causes the follicles to move rapidly from the growth phase to the resting phase.
Therefore, contrary to what is originally thought, there is no evidence that breastfeeding causes or negatively affects hair loss during this period.
Products in the market to boost Hair growth post Pregnancy
Mother sparsh Dashmool hair lep
Mother Sparsh Dashmool hair lep is infused with a blend of botanical herbs like Methi, Tejpatra, Triphala, Tulsi, Shikakai, Mulethi, Brahmi, Bakuchi, Curry Leaf, Japa, and Dashamoola: a concoction of 10 luxurious herbs. It is formulated with a traditional blend of Ayurvedic hair remedy. This lep is cruelty-free & free from harsh chemicals like SLS, Sulphates, parabens, silicone, etc. Dashmool Hair Lep not only maintains the longevity of the hair but also targets Premature hair graying. It strengthens the hair shaft and hair follicles to combat hair loss and nourishes damaged dull hair by penetrating it. The product claims to promote healthy scalp & hair, give luscious hair and stronger roots & shaft.
Direction To Use
- Take the required quantity of Mother Sparsh Dashmool Lep and mix with curd or water to form a smooth paste.
- Gently apply on the oiled scalp, from roots to ends.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- For effective results use along with the Mother Sparsh Hair Care range for best results or as directed by the physician.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Nature Nuskha’s 24×7 Hair Fitness Total Solution
Nature Nuskha offers a fantastic combination of two very effective hair care products. Hair growth oil and spray for hair loss and dandruff control. Rich in natural ingredients rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and proteins, the list of ingredients includes pea protein extract, onion, avocado oil, neem, bluff me, and more. This combination of hair growth oil and nourishing hair spray works in harmony day and night, nourishing, rejuvenating, and giving strong, shiny hair. It also reduces dandruff, suppresses hair loss, promotes hair growth and volume, deeply nourishes the scalp and hair shaft, and restores hair health.
Vishisht- Natural Rosemary Hair Serum
Vishisht Hair Serum is a quick and easy solution for new mothers who may not be able to indulge in self-care. Argan oil, rich in fatty acids, especially oleic acid and linoleic acid, provides a greasy layer on hair and scalp, which helps prevent dryness, reduces frizz, and improves shine. This hair serum forms a protective layer and keeps the hair moist at all times.
Rmedies to boost Hair growth post Pregnancy
There are many remedies to reduce hair loss after pregnancy. The next section described the three most important Ayurvedic remedies.
- Massage with Ayurvedic Hair oil- Oil massage is an excellent Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss after childbirth. Hair oil containing amla and bhringraj, Acacia concinna, Jatamansi, aloe vera, etc., are really helpful in hydration and nourishing the scalp and hair.
- Lifestyle Changes – Eating healthy and nutritious food is not the only way of staying healthy. rather you should also focus on eating it correctly. Leftover foods must be strictly avoided by the newbie mothers. Also, while eating, avoid television or talking. Try to eat warm food at the proper time. Late eating is also not recommended at this stage.
- Follow a proper diet- During this time, it is very important to avoid foods that can increasingly irritate or strengthen Pitta Dosha and Vata Dosha. A proper diet, including vegetables and fruits, is important to control hair loss after pregnancy. Also, avoid foods like potato chips, processed foods and beverages, yogurt, pastries, and peas.
- Treatment of postpartum hair loss with abundant enzymes- Aloe vera is rich in enzymes and vitamins. It is very popular in Ayurveda because of its many benefits. Just make a simple Ayurvedic hair mask recipe that you can create to control hair loss at home.
- If you are dealing with severe hair fall then check your hemoglobin level and consult your gynecologist.
Conclusion: Most new mothers notice hair loss a few months after the baby is born. The above ayurvedic treatments help prevent postpartum hair loss and make you nourish and rejuvenate your hairs and make them stronger and healthier for life.
**All the opinions and information stated above belong to the author of this content**